Since 1983 Huntsville's Good Shepherd Mission has provided hope for the hopeless ... meeting basic human needs, based upon New Testament teachings of Jesus Christ.
2018 Program and Ministry Results
- Shelter Meals: 25,500 served
- Food Bank: 12,700 served
- Lodging: 11,700 nights lodging
- Clothing, Coats and Shoes: 69,000 articles distributed
- Furniture, Bedding and Necessity Housewares: Over 1,300 individuals helped
- Counseling and Referrals: 2,200 hours of counseling (crisis intervention, marital, parenting, addiction rehab, grief and spiritual) provided
- Power to Care Collaboration with Entergy: 142 elderly and disabled households helped
- Rebuilding Families Programs: 6 families, averaging 3 family members, were helped to get back to being self sufficient
- Celebrate Recovery: Christ-centered recovery program helping people find hope and healing for life's hurts, hang-ups and habits.
The majority of those we assist through all services are residents of or have family ties to Walker County. Over the last several years we have witnessed an increased need from individuals and families from Montgomery County and other surrounding counties. As many as 25% of lodgers and new assistance applications are recent residents of Montgomery County.
Join our team in 3 simple steps:
- Register for the event HERE
- Craft your story on a free donation page by clicking JOIN TEAM.
- Share your story with family and friends!
There is no fundraising minimum to participate, and we encourage you to set a high goal, at least $1,000. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain.