Since 1983 Huntsville's Good Shepherd Mission has provided hope for the hopeless ... meeting basic human needs, based upon New Testament teachings of Jesus Christ.
2018 Program and Ministry Results
- Shelter Meals: 25,500 served
- Food Bank: 12,700 served
- Lodging: 11,700 nights lodging
- Clothing, Coats and Shoes: 69,000 articles distributed
- Furniture, Bedding and Necessity Housewares: Over 1,300 individuals helped
- Counseling and Referrals: 2,200 hours of counseling (crisis intervention, marital, parenting, addiction rehab, grief and spiritual) provided
- Power to Care Collaboration with Entergy: 142 elderly and disabled households helped
- Rebuilding Families Programs: 6 families, averaging 3 family members, were helped to get back to being self sufficient
- Celebrate Recovery: Christ-centered recovery program helping people find hope and healing for life's hurts, hang-ups and habits.
The majority of those we assist through all services are residents of or have family ties to Walker County. Over the last several years we have witnessed an increased need from individuals and families from Montgomery County and other surrounding counties. As many as 25% of lodgers and new assistance applications are recent residents of Montgomery County.
Learn more at thegsmission.org
Register for your event. Consider one of our Program Partner events here.
Click Join Team to set up your campaign for your selected event.
Share your campaign with everyone you know.