Cooking for people is one of the best ways to share your heart with them. Then, to add helping others to cooking...well that is a win-win! That is why I am participating in the Cook to Share fundraiser for Shared Beat. As a long-term volunteer for Shared Beat, I want to help ensure our ability to consistently provide preventative wellness care and educational scholarships to the communities we serve in the landfill and rural areas of Guatemala. You can help me meet this goal by voting for my recipe below through a donation. Each dollar donated counts as a vote! The top five cooks in each category will move on to the final judging panel. My entry is an original, family recipe from Louisiana ancestors. Please share your heart and vote for my CAJUN CRAWFISH PIE!
Here is the recipe for Cajun Crawfish Pie
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic - crushed
- 1/4 Cup Celery - chopped
- 3 Cups Fresh Crawfish Tails or 1 Pack Frozen Crawfish Tails
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Bisquick
- 1 Cup Swiss Cheese - chopped
- Saute onion, garlic and celery in olive oil until clear. Add crawfish (seasoned to your taste), salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Grease pie plate; pour in crawfish mixture
- Sprinkle swiss cheese on top of crawfish mixture
- Beat eggs and milk for one minute. Add Bisquick and beat until mixed.
- Pour Bisquick mixure on top.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cayenne pepper on top and garnish with rosemary (optional)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Serve Warm!
Laissez les bon temps rouler...Let the Good Times Roll!