Together in Hope envisions a world where children don't go hungry, where children can go to school, where parents can afford to give their children a future and where children don't die of curable illnesses. Together in Hope believes that if we all work together, together in hope that we can make this world a reality and give those living in poverty a future with hope.
Together in Hope works with some of the world's poorest communities living in the Philippines, El Salvador and Ethiopia who have been forgotten by international development organizations. We work with these communities to help them break the cycle of poverty and give them a future with hope.
Hi, my name is Diane McGehee. I am a free woman, pastor, attorney, wife, mother, grandmother, and modern day abolitionist.
I NEED YOUR HELP!
I am running the Sugarland 10K celebrate my 60th birthday and 60th year of life and to accomplish two goals:
1. Get myself back in shape by running a series of race over the year; and
2. Raise enough money to make a serious dent in the fight against human trafficking. I run free. I run healthy. But, there are millions of girls (and boys) who are trapped in sex and labor trafficking nightmares who will never run free if we don't do something.
My goal for the year is for me and my team mates to $600,000. (My personal goal for this race is $20,000) Six hundred thousand dollars is an audacious goal, but it is not an impossible one - not if we all do our part. A few weeks ago, my children took me to see Kung Fu Panda 3 - a great children's movie, with a great message: if we all do what we can and do it together (in hope), we can overcome the most heinous evil. Yes - even the evil of human trafficking. You can run with me for their freedom by donating. (Who knows maybe we might even be able to get Jack Black to help us if he hears about this.)
Here is what I am asking of each of you: give $60 in honor of my 60th birthday and then ask all of your friends on Facebook and your email lists and on Instagram or wherever, to do the same. If you or they can give more than $60, then give a multiple of $60: $120, $180 or even $6000. If we get 10,000 people to give $60 each, we will raise $600,000 - wouldn't that be awesome?! We can do this, if we all work Together in Hope.
I am not getting a penny of it. Here is where it will go - to help local victims, to help international victims, and to work for tougher laws against those who traffick human beings. Together in Hope will distribute the money three ways:
· 1/3 to Agape International Missions (AIM) in Cambodia, (fighting human trafficking on the international front) agapewebsite.org
· 1/3 to YMCA International (rescuing victims in the U.S.) https://www.ymcahouston.org/ymca-international/programs/
· 1/3 to Children At Risk (working for tougher laws to fight trafficking and to help victims) www.childrenatrisk.org
|Donor||Donation Amount||Donation Date||Comment|
|Bridgeway Run Houston||$175.00*||12/15/2016||Congratulations and thank you for participating in Bridgeway Run Houston! For A Cause.|
|Anonymous Donor||$105.00||12/1/2016||We join you to fight against human trafficking! We love you!|
|Brian and Lynne Johnson||$500.00*||9/26/2016|
|* offline donation|